At Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers, we are committed to supporting those organizations which support our community. The following are several of the organizations which we regularly support.
Opportunities at Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers
Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers, a well-established and progressive regional law firm located in Dickinson, North Dakota, is seeking to expand its Litigation Solutions and Alternatives to Litigation practice groups. The ideal applicant will have at least two years of experience in representing individual, corporate, and/or institutional clients in state and federal courts or judicial clerkship experience. In addition, the ideal applicant will have a strong academic background and exceptional analytical and writing skills. A successful applicant will work in the firm’s Litigation Solutions and Alternatives to Litigation practice groups, and will receive a regionally competitive compensation package that will encourage a long-term relationship with the firm.
Many of the firm’s members began with the firm as new lawyers, and some even law clerks, a testament to the firm’s commitment to our associates and the development of their careers. Our attorneys are regularly selected as SuperLawyers™, and serve a variety of non-profit organizations as board members. The firm is also the only North Dakota firm that is a member of USLAW Network, an organization of law firms in the United States and Canada devoted to client services. Our lawyers are licensed in North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Montana, and we represent clients on a variety of legal issues, ranging from the defense of general liability matters to complex construction and commercial litigation.
Who we are:
- We originate from different parts of the country and educational backgrounds, and chose to take advantage of the high quality of life afforded by making western North Dakota our home, while at the same time enjoying a practice that regularly takes us throughout the country.
- We are young, progressive, entrepreneurial in our thinking and reject traditional constraints.
- We are leaders in our profession and in our community.
- We have a multifaceted, significant and satisfying career tempered with a work life balance.
What we do:
- We work every day in board rooms and courtrooms throughout the upper Midwest on issues that are critical to our clients.
- We represent small businesses to publicly traded companies in “bet–the–company” litigation which, at times, threatens their very existence.
- We practice in the heart of the Bakken oil field, including complex litigation, detailed contract negotiations, multi-million dollar mergers and acquisitions, energy and mineral development and regulation, and real estate transactions.
- We assist individuals in planning for today and their future.
- and much more.
Please submit your letter of application and resume to Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers, Attn: Nicholas C. Grant, 2272 8th Street West, Dickinson, ND 58601, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Opportunities
Start your legal career as an associate with Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers
New associates provide general support for the lawyers in the Firm, working with them on existing files, having direct client contact and a significant role in each file on which they work. Mentoring new lawyers to grow into successful, balanced and experienced lawyers is our ultimate goal. To achieve this goal, each associate is paired with a partner. In addition, Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers has an open door policy for its associates, encouraging associates to ask questions and generate an open dialogue about how best to serve client needs.
Through the exposure to a variety of the Firm’s lawyers and practice areas, associates will gradually develop a niche practice of their own, whether that is becoming involved in an existing practice area or building something entirely new for the Firm. Associates are encouraged to give feedback about the areas of the law that interest them and that they wish to explore further. Every effort is made to accommodate and assist the associate in this process.
Associates are reviewed at least annually to ensure that the associate is always aware of his or her progress. Areas discussed during review include: practice area interests and development, quality of work product, Firm involvement, strengths and areas for improvement and progress toward partnership.
One of Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers most appealing attributes is its emphasis on work-life balance. While many law firms emphasize billable hours, Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers believes that a well-balanced lawyer is a more productive lawyer. Towards that end, associates are encouraged to make time for themselves and pursue their interests away from work, including family and community involvement as well as commitment to the bar association and law work for the public good.
Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers offers a competitive compensation package, with full benefits. Associates are also eligible for performance-based bonuses at year end.
Opportunities for Lateral Hires
We are always interested in hearing from motivated lawyers with an interest in joining Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers. We would be pleased to hear from lawyers with a demonstrated record of experience in litigation or lawyers who can fill a profitable practice niche not currently offered by the Firm.